National Qualification in Sports Taping and Strapping
All you need to offer immediate injury intervention particularly for on-field sporting injuries.
The National Qualification in Sports Taping and Strapping is an advanced course held over 2 days, designed for all bodywork therapists, sporting coaches and other allied medical professionals to increase knowledge and develop the professional skills required to identify common injury sites and to offer appropriate intervention for the preparation and treatment of the site using taping and strapping.
This course is ideal for qualified therapists working with athletes, football teams, rugby or other sporting teams and/or other physically active clients.
This course will teach you effective sports taping and strapping techniques for injury prevention whilst teaching you how to minimize the chance of further damage when an injury occurs as well as tips on how to aid the healing process.
The National Qualification in Sports Taping and Strapping Techniques syllabus covers in-depth training in the following areas:
- Identification of common injury sites
- Accessing suitability for strapping
- Identification of appropriate strapping technique for specific injuries
- Preparation of injury site for strapping and rationalisation of need for underwrap etc.
- Strapping application, binding and subsequent removal
- Sports taping and strapping technique applications for the following body parts:-
- acute ankle injuries
- acute knee injuries (medial and lateral collateral ligaments knee instability and anterior / posterior cruciate ligament sprains)
- injuries to the foot (with particular emphasis on plantar fasciitis)
- injuries to the shoulder (Impingement syndrome, AC joint sprain, shoulder instability)
- injuries to the elbow / wrist (lateral / medial epicondylitis, olecranon bursitis, carpel tunnel syndrome
- Kit bag and material requirements
- Duty of care and scope of practice
The cost of participation on the Sports Taping and Strapping Techniques Course is €325.00.
An early bird discounted rate of €295.00 is available for registrations received at least one calendar month prior to course date.
There is an additional 10% discount off the workshop cost to ANMT members – www.anmt.ie
Places may be reserved by payment of fees in full.
All applicants must hold a valid and recognised bodywork qualification or be involved in the coaching of sporting teams. Ideal applicants include:
- Neuromuscular Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Sports Coaches etc.
Applicants must hold a current First Aid certificate with a minimum of six months validity remaining and issued by a recognised authority in the area of first aid.
Individuals who do not hold a current First Aid certificate may still participate on the course but the National Qualification Sports Taping and Strapping Techniques will not be issued until such time as the participant obtains and submits their First Aid certification.
In line with Health Safety Authority (HSA) guidelines the NTC recommends the PHECC FAR (First Aid Response) standard.
Since the 1st June 2018, the HSA only recognises the PHECC FAR standard as meeting the needs of occupational first aid in workplaces.
Any QQI Occupational First Aid training completed prior to 1st June 2018 will be recognised for the full 2 years duration from the date of training.
PHECC has already approved a large number of organisations as PHECC FAR Recognised Institutions (RIs). The current list of RIs can be found at www.phecit.ie.