National Qualification in
Battle Rope and Sandbell Training
The Battle Rope and Sandbell Training course covers all relevant areas to ensure that you hit the ground running.
Heavy rope training has been around as far back as Egyptian times and has been used as an effective method of exercise, as a stand alone workout, or integrated into a cross training approach. Now heavy rope training is gaining in popularity and becoming mainstream.
If you’re looking for a unique, highly effective, full body kinetic chain workout and conditioning that brings a new twist to you and your clients’ health fitness routine, this is it. Not only will rope and sandbell training increase your strength, power and endurance, the constant motion of rope undulations will impress you with a full body muscle-toning, metabolic workout unlike any other. You’ll be amazed at how fast a few quick whips can get you to your optimal heart rate.
Many gyms are now introducing ropes and sandbells as part of their sports conditioning and functional training zones but, with no formal training available in Ireland to date, NTC are proud to be the first providing comprehensive training for qualified health fitness instructors and personal trainers to learn how to use them effectively.
On successful completion you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Instruct clients to use the ropes and sandbells in a safe, effective and appropriate manner
- Integrate and embrace the principles of rope and sandbell training into a client’s health fitness regime
- Plan and design effective training programmes for mixed fitness levels helping clients to accomplish their goals whether it be gaining strength, endurance, power or other
- Incorporate rope and sandbell training as an efficient and effective training tool in strength and conditioning and to enhance athletic performance
The Battle Rope and Sandbell Training course covers all relevant areas including:
- Benefits of rope training
- Learning the ropes including set up, hand placements, various grips, types of ropes
- Anchoring positions and guidelines for various lever lengths
- Principles of training and adjusting exercise intensity appropriately to meet the needs of clients
- Rope training technique and movements
- Programming and exercise selection including modifications and progressions
The standard cost of the Battle Rope and Sandbell Training course is €230.00.
The discounted rate for graduates of the National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training is €200.00.
This course is a continuing professional development course for qualified health fitness professionals and it is the responsibility of each individual applying for the course to check whether their primary fitness instructor qualification meets the eligibility requirements and is approved by REPS Ireland. A copy of your primary fitness qualification must be scanned and emailed to [email protected] prior to the course starting date. Professional Indemnity Insurance cover is only valid if you hold a valid, industry recognised primary qualification at minimum EQF Level 3 in fitness instruction.