National Qualification in
Exercise for the Older Adult
The Exercise for the Older Adult course covers all relevant areas to ensure that you offer safe and effective exercise prescription to help your clients age successfully.
On successful completion you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Correctly prescribe exercise programmes specifically for the older adult
- Integrate and embrace altered programme design protocols for older adults
- Plan and design effective training programmes for mixed fitness levels specific to the goals of the participants
- Explain the benefits of exercise programmes that can improve the older adults’ ability to efficiently accomplish activities of daily living
The Exercise for the Older Adult covers all relevant areas including:
- Benefits of exercise and the older adult
- Explore the objectives of the older adult
- Understand the key physiological considerations in developing comprehensive exercise programs for older adults
- Understand a variety of acute and chronic adaptations in relation to exercise and the older adult
- Develop screening and evaluation methodsBe aware of the current research on exercise and the older adult
- Appreciate the need for appropriate exercise prescription for the older adult
- Develop optimal training methods
- Explore nutritional needs of the older adult
The standard cost of the Exercise for the Older Adult course is €145.00.
The discounted rate for graduates of the National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training is €125.00.
This course is a continuing professional development course for qualified health fitness professionals and it is the responsibility of each individual applying for the course to check whether their primary fitness instructor qualification meets the eligibility requirements and is approved by REPS Ireland. A copy of your primary fitness qualification must be scanned and emailed to [email protected] prior to the course starting date. Professional Indemnity Insurance cover is only valid if you hold a valid, industry recognised primary qualification at minimum EQF Level 3 in fitness instruction.