National Qualification in
Pre and Post Natal Exercise
The Pre and Post Natal Exercise course covers all relevant areas to ensure that you offer safe and effective exercise prescription to pregnant clients and those who have recently given birth.
On successful completion you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Correctly prescribe exercise programmes specifically for pregnant clients and those who have recently given birth
- Integrate and embrace altered programme design protocols for pre and post natal clients
- Plan and design effective training programmes for mixed fitness levels specific to the goals of the participants
The Pre and Post Natal Exercise course covers all relevant areas including:
- Nutrition and Dietary needs during pregnancy
- Physiological and Biochemical changes during pregnancy
- Benefits of exercise and resistance training during pregnancy
- Resistance Training Programmes and suitable exercise prescription for pregnant clients
- Studio Strength and Muscular Conditioning exercises during pregnancy
- Post pregnancy guidelines and suitable exercise prescription
The standard cost of the Pre and Post Natal Exercise course is €145.00
The discounted rate for graduates of National Training Centre fitness instructor and personal trainer courses €125.00.
This course is a continuing professional development course for qualified health fitness professionals and it is the responsibility of each individual applying for the course to check whether their primary fitness instructor qualification meets the eligibility requirements and is approved by REPS Ireland. A copy of your primary fitness qualification must be scanned and emailed to [email protected] prior to the course starting date. Professional Indemnity Insurance cover is only valid if you hold a valid, industry recognised primary qualification at minimum EQF Level 3 in fitness instruction.