National Qualification in
Graduates of this programme are highly sought after experts in their field. This is recognised by major health insurers who offer cover for their customers
NTC has been delivering health fitness and bodywork training for over 30 years and our qualified tutors are experts in their individual fields. They will ensure that your time with NTC is enjoyable, informative and rewarding and you will have the opportunity to study with some of the finest tutors the massage world has to offer.
If you are interested and would like to know more about this holistic massage training course, please call us now on 01 882 7777.
For those who simply want to qualify to offer holistic and relaxation massage this is the only qualification you need, however if you are interested in progressing your education and advancing your skill set by learning to treat pain and injury there is a complete educational roadmap available from NTC:
- National Qualification in Neuromuscular Therapy
- Higher Diploma in Neuromuscular Therapy (H. Dip. NMT)
- Masters Degree in Neuromuscular Therapy (MSc. NMT)
The National Qualification in Holistic Massage offers students an exciting and affordable route of entry into the profession and is entirely achievable through its part-time method of weekday timetabling.
This programme covers all relevant aspects of:
Anatomy and physiology including:
- Introduction to the Human Body
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Circulatory and Lymphatic System
- Respiratory System
- Nervous System
- Endocrine System
Practical massage techniques for the following areas:
The benefits of a healthy lifestyle, nutrition and physical activity:
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Food choices
Ethics and professional development:
- Health and Safety
- Code of ethics
- Professional conduct
- Business aspects
- Self promotion
The National Qualification in Holistic Massage also includes many other areas:
- Theory, history and benefits of massage
- Draping procedures
- Special populations
- Use of lubricants
- Client positioning
- Therapist posture
- Communication skills
The cost of obtaining the National Qualification in Holistic Massage is €1,300.00. Places can be reserved by payment of a deposit of €350.00 with the balance of €950.00 due one week prior to the course start date.
A discount of €150.00 is available to individuals paying fees of €1,150.00 in full one calendar month prior to course commencement date.
The cost of the electronic programme manual and examinations is included within the course fee.
Places on this programme are available on a first come first served basis.
This primary qualification is open to everybody and there are no formal education requirements for participation on this course. Applicants should have a keen interest in learning about the human body and massage therapy in general. You will be expected to give and receive massage treatments during the course and this will mean using hands-on therapy with your fellow classmates.
The National Qualification in Holistic Massage programme covers all relevant areas including:
Unit 1 Antomy and Physiology
- The cells and an overview of the skin
- The skeletal system
- The muscular system
- The Circulatory and lymphatic system
- The Respiratory system
- The Nervous system
- The endocrine system
Unit 2 Lifestyle and healthy eating
- Benefits of a healthy lifestyle and physical activity
- Nutrition and digestion
- Short / long term effects of a sedentary lifestyle and it’s influence on health
- Making the right food choices
Unit 3 Foundation of Massage
- Theory History and benefits of massage therapy
- Draping procedures
- Contraindications and hygiene
- Considerations for massage and special populations
- Communication skills
Unit 4 Techniques
- Practical Full body massage techniques for the following areas;
- head and neck
- Use of lubricants and bolsters
- Positioning of client
- Posture of massage therapist
Unit 5 Ethics and professional development
- Health Safety
- Code of ethics and professional conduct
- Business and self promotion
- Professional responsibilities e. g insurance, taxes, ongoing CPD.
- Theory Assessment (60 minutes)
- Submission of learner workbook
- Practical Assessment
This course is supported by full online documentation and demonstration videos (sample below) available to students of the course via the NTC Learning Portal.