Higher Diploma in
The Higher Diploma in Neuromuscular Therapy, with a focus on Biotensegrity, covers all relevant areas to ensure your status as an advanced pain and injury specialist.
NTC’s Higher Diploma in Neuromuscular Therapy is a must for therapists wishing to establish a flourishing career in this specialist field. It is a unique course providing advanced knowledge and clinical skills centred around the model of Biotensegrity.
Our world renowned tutors include Joanne Avison, John Sharkey, Kevin Prunty, David Anderson and Dr Wilbour Kelsick in conjunction with a number of international guest lecturers recognised as world experts in their field.
This course is for qualified bodywork professionals who want to advance their clinical knowledge and skills to offer advanced intervention procedures for patients with chronic soft tissue pain, muscle and nerve pain.
The course has been carefully designed to maximise the potential for interaction between the tutors and learners in a very friendly and non intimidating atmosphere.
Students have access to our amazing student learning portal where they can watch the tutorials on video as often as they like until they perfect a skill or truly understand a theory.
This course will interest students who are serious about making a life time career in Neuromuscular Therapy in Ireland or overseas. Learners will acquire advanced knowledge and skills supported by the Biotensegrity model providing all they need for a successful career treating chronic pain.
In 2015, and again in 2018, the Higher diploma course underwent an extensive programme review leading to several exciting changes and additions to the programme. In 2020, the course was once again reviewed this time with the introduction of online content due to the COVID19 pandemic. Now, in 2021 learners will enjoy the benefits of blended learning attending live lectures from the comfort of their own home, using cutting edge technology coupled with the required onsite tutorial weekends.
Learners can enjoy webinars and videos that they can watch at home in their own time or on the move, on their tablet, smartphone or other device.
Learning from world recognised leaders our learners will discard outdated notions, gain an appreciation for the latest accepted models and theories and develop insights that will create fresh perspectives in clinical reasoning and activity.
Learners will complete the course with a tremendous reserve of strategic thinking that they can put to immediate use as contingencies demand.
NTC are responsible for bringing Structural Integration to Ireland as a formal module of the Higher Diploma. Students will learn the Art of Structural Integrity which is a series of lessons designed to integrate seeing and assessment skills with advanced whole-body soft tissue manipulation techniques.
A particular focus will be on the specific aspects of the body-wide architecture in the context of Biotensegrity and how it is integrated at every level of fascia, form and functional movement, as a whole.
Techniques will include integrated client motion and specific depth adjustment with client movement techniques to enhance self-regulation.
In addition the European Neuromuscular Therapy student will also be exposed to American influences including Neuromuscular techniques which will provide students with a wonderful tool box of techniques suitable for multiple pain management scenarios.
We use close up video recording of the hands-on aspects for large screen viewing during each class with online access to a library of current and previous videos through the NTC student learning portal at any time during the course.
The educational investment for obtaining the Higher Diploma in Neuromuscular Therapy course is €7, 880.00.
Fees can be paid by means of a deposit of €800.00 with the balance via twenty four monthly instalments of €295.00 each.
A total discount of €930.00 is available when you pay full fees of €6, 950.00 (either a single payment or deposit plus balance) on or before the course start date.
Places are available on a first come first served basis.
The Higher Diploma in Neuromuscular Therapy programme is exclusively available to qualified bodywork therapists. Qualifying individuals include:
- Occupational Therapists
- Certificate Level Neuromuscular Therapists
- Orthopaedic Sports Massage Therapists
All applications are considered on an individual basis.
Current certificate level Neuromuscular Therapy students are encouraged to apply for a place on the next Higher Diploma in Neuromuscular Therapy programme. Please note that the Higher Diploma will only be issued once students have successfully completed the Certificate level course and have obtained the National Qualification in Neuromuscular Therapy.
The Higher Diploma in Neuromuscular Therapy is an advanced complementary medical educational (CME) course involving sports massage and soft tissue manipulation techniques based on the model of Biotensegrity including:
- Advanced functional anatomy based on BioTensegrity and Four Bar Kinematics
- Pathophysiology of chronic pain
- Arthrokinematics – A new explanation of human movement
- Cranial manipulation and Intra-oral tissue release for effective treatment of chronic pain problems including:
- head / neck pain
- dizziness (Vertigo)
- Otalgia (ear pain)
- impaired hearing
- change of sensations in the ear
- double or blurred vision
- jaw joint noises
- sinus pain
- migraines and headaches
- TMJ Treatment – effective interventions for TMJ pain and associated symptoms including ear fullness / pressure, ear pain, tinnitus, dizziness, and hyperacusis
- Spinal Mobilisation (using mobilisation with movement (MWM)- passive mobilisation with additional active movement
- Breathing patterns disorders and chronic pelvic pain
- The Art of Structural integrity to include:
- the art of seeing
- structural isolation versus structural integration
- The superficial and deep architecture and the Four Series Protocol
- Advanced management of fascial dysfunction
- Rehabilitation Sequencing – neurodynamic stabilisation and efficiency
- Laws of European Neuromuscular Therapy™ and their implications in effective NMT interventions
- Medical Exercise Science – exploring the science of safe, effective and appropriate physical activities to restore neuromuscular efficiency and chronic pain resolutions
- Advanced neurodynamic stress assessment and ENMT resolutions to restore normal nerve function
- Fascia, skin and myokinetic chains and links
- The science and clinical applications of Neuromuscular Techniques – European and American influences
- Nutrition and biochemical factors that positively influence or help manage chronic pain and dysfunction
- Tensegrity informed treatment for scars and adhesions
The Higher Diploma in Neuromuscular Therapy utilises close up video recording of the hands-on aspects for large screen viewing during each class with online access to a library of current and previous videos (sample below) through the NTC student Learning Portal at any time during the course.