NTC Terms and Conditions
All courses involve attendance at various times and on various dates for varying duration depending on the course option chosen. We guarantee to provide all tutorials as advertised in literature specific to each course. It is the student’s responsibility to attend every tutorial. If a student misses any tutorial it may be possible, depending on the course, to attend the same tutorial on a different date and, possibly, at a different venue. Should a student wish to attend a missed tutorial they must pay a repeat tutorial fee. Where advance notification is given prior to a course starting date, it may be possible, subject to availability, for a student to attend on a different date and at a different venue without incurring any additional charge. This is not possible without approval prior to the course start date except where the Educational Committee of the National Training Centre have offered approval in response to a written student request where genuine compassionate or medical reasons have been offered. Where an individual’s ability to attend has been influenced by a medical reason, an opportunity to repeat may be offered and the fee payable waived. Medical reasons for non-attendance must be confirmed by means of a medical certificate and any social reason for missing a weekend e. g. wedding, holiday etc. will not be considered valid justification for waiving the repeat fee unless notification was given at the time of enrollment. Examination and qualification Students are eligible to sit final examinations irrespective of the number of tutorials attended, although the ability to pass final examinations, particularly those of a practical nature, diminishes in proportion to the number of missed tutorials. On courses which require it, students must complete their Learner Workbook and submit it on the specified days or dates. Failure to submit any of the required tasks precludes the student from qualification and graduation.
Any student who has a learning difficulty should bring this fact to the attention of our administration staff in advance of securing a place on their chosen course of studies. Alternatively, you can ask to speak to a senior tutor in confidence before paying any fees. NTC will always support students with learning difficulties as best we can, within our limitations.
Rules and regulations
The National Training Centre has set rules and regulations regarding professional attendance, time-keeping, personal appearance, conduct, etc. You agree to abide by such conditions, our Code of Ethics and National Standards and Guidelines.
Ability to participate
All applicants for courses have a responsibility to ensure that they are not suffering from any illness or injury which may prevent their complete participation on the course. Applicants must also ensure that they do not suffer from any communicable disease and furthermore, should they contract such a disease during the term where they are participating on the course, that they will not attend for the duration of the period during which they could infect fellow students.
Course specific information
Before paying any deposit or course fees you must ensure that you have read all the information available regarding each course, including all published data on the National Training Centre website at www.ntc.ie and any downloadable literature which may be available for individual courses. If you would prefer a printed copy of the course literature please contact our office of administration and we will arrange a copy for you. Having read all available information please ask any additional questions you may have by telephone or at any open days or interviews. We want you to make the right choice.
The eligibility requirements for courses vary. Please check that you meet the eligibility requirements outlined for each course, where applicable, before enrolling. It is each student’s individual responsibility to ensure that they meet any and all eligibility requirements prior to enrollment and failure to do so may result in a student’s inability to complete a course or to receive any certificate or qualification resulting from participation.
Withdrawal and non-completion
Students who fail to complete any course will receive no refund of course fees paid and course fees which are owing will still have to be paid. For courses which allow booking through the payment of a deposit, any deposits paid are non-refundable in all circumstances and any balance of course fees which have been paid, either separately or as part of a single payment which includes the deposit and / or balance payment, may only be refunded in line with the advertised refund policy. Places on programmes of education are non-transferrable in all instances. Where there is a medical reason why a student is unable to commence or complete a course where fees have already been paid, they may apply to the National Training Centre to defer their participation to a later date. All deferral requests must be made in writing and be accompanied by relevant medical certification. Deferrals may only be granted, subject to availability. The decision of the National Training Centre in all such matters is final.
Where written notice of non-participation is received, fees, excluding the advertised deposit amount of the course, will be refunded on the following scale:
- Six weeks before the course start date – 80% refund
- Five weeks before the course start date – 70% refund
- Four weeks before the course start date – 60% refund
- Less than four weeks before the course start date – 0% refund
Refunds will not be considered in any circumstances once a course has started. All course fees must be paid once the course has started. If you must drop out of a course due to illness (or other reason), remaining course fees must be paid in full. For courses which have provision for the payment of fees by installment, students must complete and return an installment form at the time of enrollment. The facility to pay by installment is not a ‘Pay As You Go’ facility. The installment facility is intended to allow students to spread the payment of course fees over a specified time period. At the time of enrollment the student accepts that all of the course fees must be paid whether they complete the course or not. Non-payment of fees due by installment may result in a student being refused permission to continue with their participation on the course, to sit examinations, to receive examination results or to receive certification and all outstanding fees will remain due. If students face any unforeseen circumstances which have a negative impact on their ability to pay installments due, they should contact the NTC office of administration as soon as possible. Advanced certification programmes which do not have an option for payment of deposit and balance, are not eligible for the refund policy and all fees paid will be forfeited in the event of a student cancellation or non-attendance.
Course registrations completed online are subject to the Consumer Rights Directive and you have the right to cancel your booking for any reason within 14 days. If a cancellation notice is received within the required time period, the National Training Centre are obliged to refund your payment in full within 14 days of receiving such notice of cancellation.
Students wishing to sit final examination for the National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training must pay examination fees at approximately week 12 of the programme. The cost for assessment for the National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training Upgrade Course must be paid when registering for assessment. Where applicable the cost of examination and assessment for all other programmes is included in the course fee.
When making an online booking our payment services are primarily handled by Global Payments Inc., who are one of the world’s leading providers of e-commerce payment solutions. They handle transactions valued in excess of €28 billion per annum on behalf of over 13,000 clients. These transactions for NTC are processed in Euro (€).
Some events or courses may be promoted showing the price in sterling or other currencies, and in these instances payment will be processed using PayPal Inc. in the currency shown.
You should note that when paying with a card which is issued outside the Euro currency zone, your card issuer may make additional charges for currency conversion etc.
Any prevention, delay or stoppage due to strikes, lockouts, labour disputes, acts of God, including but not limited to adverse weather conditions, acts of war, terrorist acts, inability to obtain services, labour, or materials or reasonable substitutes therefor, governmental actions, civil commotions, fire or other casualty, pandemic, and other causes beyond the reasonable control of the party obligated to perform, except with respect to the obligations imposed with regard to payment of fees, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these terms and conditions, shall excuse the performance of such party for a period equal to any such prevention, delay or stoppage and, therefore, where a course specifies a time period for performance of an obligation of either party, that time period shall be extended by the period of any delay in such party’s performance caused by a Force Majeure.
General conditions of enrollment
- Course start dates may be subject to change. If a course start date changes you will be offered the opportunity to transfer your enrollment to the new date or to receive a full refund of any fees paid. Should a course be cancelled or postponed the National Training Centre will not be held responsible for any additional costs incurred by the student, including, but not limited to, transport or accommodation. Once a course commences, although extremely unlikely, class dates, and times may be subject to change.
- Tutors for individual classes on courses, venues for courses and individual classes and course fees may be subject to change.
- Fees for multi-year programmes may be subject to change from year to year.
- Any and all special offers and/or promotions offered in relation to enrollment for any course are always subject to availability. Although the National Training Centre will always endeavour to meet all demands in relation to such offers, should there be no availability for any offer an alternative or cash amount will not be offered.
- Use of all study facilities is at the discretion of staff and tutors of the NTC and its agents.
- Certificates and other qualifications will only be awarded once a student has successfully completed all assessments associated with their course and once all fees have been paid and any evidence required for proof of eligibility has been submitted.
- It is important for potential students to understand that places on all courses are available on a first come first served basis. If you feel quite certain that this is the course for you we would advise that you pay a deposit as soon as possible in order to avoid potential disappointment.
- CPD courses are generally open to anybody and are intended to act as an additional skill which may be used in conjunction with a primary qualification in a relevant area. These courses are not assessed and do not offer qualification. A certificate of attendance or certificate of completion will be awarded to attendees. Where a CPD course does have eligibility requirements and/or assessment, this will be clearly stated on the webpage for that course.
- The following additional conditions apply in relation to the NTC 3 for 2 offer when available.
- All courses must be booked together
- All course places must be booked for the same individual
- All courses must be fully paid for at the time of booking
- Non medical deferral for any course is not permitted
- In the unlikely event that any of the courses do not proceed as expected, your registration will be transferred to next available date or alternative course of similar value
- Refunds will not apply in any circumstances to free course places
Student Contract Conditions
For students to get the best out of their time at the National Training Centre, we must both recognise that we owe obligations to each other. Our obligations require us to deliver and support your individual programme of study and we want your experience with us to be positive and enriching. At the same time, we have to balance the interests and entitlements of many other students and our obligations to manage finite resources efficiently. Your obligations include pursuing your studies diligently, treating fellow students and staff with respect and abiding by the National Training Centre’s rules and regulations. The purpose of this section is to set out clearly and in detail what your and our obligations are. When you accept the offer of a place at the National Training Centre, a legal contract will come into existence between you and the National Training Centre. The terms and conditions of the contract are as set out below and your acceptance of a place is expressly subject to them.
1. Status and Legal Effect of these Conditions
- These conditions are the standard enrollment conditions for all students of the National Training Centre (‘NTC’).
- These conditions form the contract between NTC and you, the student, with regard to your programme of study at NTC (‘the Programme’).
- No contract will exist until you accept an offer of a place either by enrolling online or by completing a course enrollment form.
- It is a condition of entry onto the Programme that you must complete the enrollment process when requested to do so by NTC.
- Breach of any of these conditions may give rise to action being taken against you under the Disciplinary Procedures of NTC (which in these conditions includes action under the Professional Suitability Procedures where they apply to you), and/or termination of this Agreement.
2. Programme Delivery and Changes
NTC agrees, subject to these conditions, to deliver the Programme with reasonable care and skill and to make available to you learning support facilities and other services as it considers appropriate.
NTC may make changes to the Programme as it was originally described. These changes typically result from moving Programmes to new or improved buildings or sites; timetabling alterations; changes to optional modules or other syllabus changes which may result from staff turnover, student numbers required to provide an adequate student experience, improvements in technology or developments in the subject; changes to placements or changes to the Regulations to address requirements of external bodies or to make improvements.
If such changes are required and may reasonably be expected to have a significant adverse effect on you, or NTC discontinues or merges the Programme or combines it with other programmes of study, NTC will give you as much notice as it can, take your views into account; and take reasonable steps to minimise those effects.
NTC will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing its obligations if the failure or delay is due to any cause beyond NTC’s reasonable control, which includes (without limitation), any governmental action, any act or omission of third parties which wholly or partly provide or fund the Programme, political unrest, fire, flood, war, strike or other labour dispute, staff illness, public health concern, extreme weather conditions, natural disaster or act of God.
NTC shall be entitled to end this Agreement immediately by notice in writing to you in the following circumstances:
- if after the acceptance of an offer by you there is a change in your circumstances or if NTC becomes aware of information relating to you not previously known to it (including, but not limited to, information about criminal convictions or activity) which in the reasonable opinion of NTC makes it inappropriate for you to study on the Programme
- if, in the reasonable opinion of NTC, you have not provided NTC with all relevant information or you have supplied information which is not complete, authentic and accurate in all material respects.
3. Your Obligations
You agree to comply with your obligations under these conditions and the following:
- that you have obtained all the information you need to make an informed choice of Programme and site at which it will be delivered
- that you will have undertaken any preliminary reading or other academic preparation requested of you by the start of the Programme
- to study diligently, and to attend fully and promptly and participate appropriately at lectures, courses, classes, seminars, tutorials, work placements and other activities which form part of the Programme as required (subject to absence authorised in accordance with procedures applicable to the Programme, in respect of which you agree to undertake all additional study and other activities which may be necessary to catch up on missed work)
- to fulfill all the academic requirements, including submission of coursework and other assignments, and attendance at examinations, of the Programme on time and in accordance with conditions imposed by NTC
- assessed work must adhere to the appropriate standards of academic integrity
- to prepare adequately for any activity which you are required to undertake outside NTC, at all times conducting yourself with due respect for staff, other students and the public and in an appropriate manner
- to pay all fees and other money due, by the dates specified by NTC, unless previously agreed otherwise by the appropriate NTC authorities
- to provide NTC with a contact name and details which you are willing to permit NTC to use at its discretion and without further reference to you in a situation which NTC reasonably regards as an emergency
- to comply with any legal or professional standards and requirements which are applicable to you or the Programme including the self declaration of any cautions and/or convictions and any other reasons or circumstances that might prevent you from, or have a bearing upon your ability to work with the vulnerable and to inform NTC immediately should any of the aforementioned change
- any requirement to be provisionally registered with the appropriate Professional, Regulatory or Statutory body from time to time as applicable
- to comply with any Department of Justice and Equality requirements and visa restrictions in relation to the terms of your immigration status
- to give explicit consent for NTC to check, verify or communicate with any government department, agency or similar body, any personal data that you have provided at any time during and in support of your application for admission to, and continued studies with NTC
- at all times whilst you are a student of NTC to act in accordance with any reasonable instructions or requirements issued to you from time to time by or on behalf of NTC, to co-operate with members of staff and to behave appropriately, responsibly and with respect for, and not to harass any person, or discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race, sex or sexual orientation, and to refrain from causing damage to property
- not to make gifts to staff (if you particularly want to express appreciation to staff, consider writing them a card or a letter of thanks instead)
- to notify NTC if any of the information which you have submitted to NTC changes
- to abide by any special conditions relating to the Programme set out in NTC’s prospectus for the Programme (‘the Prospectus’), any handbook or similar document issued by NTC in respect of the Programme, or as otherwise notified to you by NTC including any requirement to confirm that you have not received any cautions and/or convictions and that there are no other reasons or circumstances that might prevent you from, or have a bearing upon your ability to work with the vulnerable
4. Fees and Payment
It is your responsibility to ensure that tuition fees in respect of the Programme (as stated in programme specific documents and on programme specific web pages) (‘the Fees’), and all other expenses relating to the Programme, are paid in line with the advertised fee structure of the Programme. Unless NTC agrees otherwise in writing, the Fees should be paid at the beginning of the Programme or Academic Year, whether directly by you, or on your behalf by a third party (such as your employer or sponsor). Where someone else is responsible for payment on your behalf, you must ensure that they do so. You remain responsible if they do not pay.
The Fees do not include:
- fees payable in respect of any residential accommodation which may be provided to you by any third party and which will be subject to a separate contract
- examination fees, additional fees for reassessment/referral, traveling expenses or other course costs which will (if relevant) be the subject of a separate agreement between you and NTC
- if you are studying on a Programme which lasts for one Academic Year or less you must ensure that the Fees are paid by the first day of the Programme
- if you leave NTC before the Programme has finished then you remain liable for the payment of all fees in full unless you have received written confirmation to the contrary from NTC
5. Failure to Pay the Fees
If the Fees due to NTC remain unpaid 28 days after the date they are due NTC shall be entitled:
- to take legal action to recover the debt
- to exclude you from NTC and end this Agreement
- to withhold from you any award or qualification which would otherwise have been made to you, suspend further performance of its obligations under this Agreement and/or to refuse to allow you to proceed to any further stage of the Programme, until all outstanding amounts have been paid, or arrangements for payment have been established which NTC considers satisfactory
6. NTC Rules, Regulations and Requirements
You must comply with the following policies, codes, rules, regulations and requirements of NTC:
- the Principles and Regulations, Student Disciplinary Procedure and Professional Suitability Procedure (if applicable), documentation and policies relating to financial obligations, Equality and Freedom of Expression, as these are amended from time to time by NTC
- NTC’s regulations on acceptable use of computers, information technology and data protection
- all policies, codes, rules, regulations and requirements of any other relevant organisation or institution, if required as part of the Programme, as such policies, codes, rules, regulations and requirements are amended from time to time.
- your studies with NTC may be terminated as a result of disciplinary or professional suitability action taken against you in accordance with the Disciplinary or Professional Suitability procedures of NTC, revocation of your sponsorship as an international student or if you break any of these conditions and the breach is serious. In those cases, this Agreement shall end automatically and your registration as a student may be cancelled without the need for any notice, unless NTC agrees otherwise in writing. If you are expelled or dismissed from any institution or organisation other than NTC which you are required to attend or be a member of as part of the Programme, NTC shall be entitled to end this Agreement immediately by written notice to you
7. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
You will be entitled to the IPR in theses, dissertations, exercises and answers to tests, assignment tasks and examinations produced solely and exclusively by you as part of your course-work or research except where:
- a person other than NTC owns or is entitled to the IPR
- you are working in collaboration with others in a manner that gives rise to joint creation of IPR, or interdependent IPR, when you may be required to assign IPR to NTC or place the results in the public domain without restriction
- you are also a member of staff of NTC, in which case NTC will be entitled to the IPR in the absence of specific agreement to the contrary
- the IPR resides in databases, computer software, firmware, course-ware and related material if they may reasonably be considered to possess commercial potential. NTC shall have a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence to use material which falls within this condition for teaching, research and other academic purposes
- NTC is the proprietor of the registered trade mark of its name, logos and has goodwill and reputation to protect. You accordingly agree not to publish, post or commercially exploit in any form or medium any matter in which you are entitled to the IPR in any form which mentions the name or logo of NTC or any member of staff without our prior consent to the form and context
8. NTC’s Liability for Damage
NTC does not accept responsibility, and expressly excludes liability, for the following, in respect of which you are advised to arrange appropriate insurance cover:
- any loss or damage to your property (including but not limited to any motor vehicle or cycle) while that property is on the premises of NTC, unless caused by the negligence of NTC or its employees
- any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of use of any computer equipment or software provided or made available by NTC to you, including (but without limiting the general nature of this condition) any contamination of software or loss of files as a result of using NTC equipment or software. Nothing in these conditions operates to exclude NTC’s liability for death or personal injury caused by NTC’s negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
9. Requirements on Termination of this Agreement
If at any time NTC terminates this Agreement as a result of its rights under these conditions or if this Agreement terminates automatically:
- NTC shall be entitled to refuse to enroll you on the Programme, if at the date of termination you have not already enrolled
- NTC shall be entitled to require you to stop studying on the Programme, and to leave NTC immediately, if at the date of termination you have already enrolled
- any action taken by NTC under these Conditions will not restrict the ability of NTC to take any other action against you to which it may be entitled
- NTC will not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature which you may suffer as a result of any action taken against you by NTC to terminate this Agreement or disciplinary action by NTC (provided the action by NTC is taken properly in accordance with these conditions or NTC’s procedures)
- you are required to return the Student Swipe Card which was issued to you on enrollment
10. Car Parking
On street pay and display parking is available at NTC’s Dublin venue. It is your responsibility to ensure that any relevant parking fees are paid and NTC cannot be held responsible in any manner for any fees payable by you as a result of failure to comply with parking requirements. Some regional venues may provide parking and you agree to comply with any requirements relating to the use of any facilities provided to you. You have no automatic right to park at any venue.
11. Right to Cancel for Online Enrollment
If you have enrolled online you have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason. To exercise this right to cancel you must inform NTC in a clear statement (i. e. by letter, email or by telephone) of your decision to cancel this contract. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired. If you cancel this contract, NTC will reimburse to you all payments received from you not later than 14 days after the day on which NTC is informed of your decision to cancel. NTC will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. Your right to cancel will be waived if, before any cancellation period has expired, you complete the paper Programme enrollment form and sign it.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes illegal, invalid, void or unenforceable that shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the other provisions.
- Any notice or other communication made under this Agreement shall be in writing and addressed to you at the last address notified by you to NTC, and shall be deemed to have been properly served if delivered by hand when left at that address or if made by prepaid post, 48 hours after being posted to that address.
- If you breach this Agreement and NTC chooses not to exercise any right which it may have against you, that shall not prevent NTC from taking action against you in the future in respect of that breach or any further breaches by you.
- This contract does not confer any rights or benefits on third parties.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
- NTC may take proceedings in any other court of competent jurisdiction, and the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions by NTC shall not preclude it taking proceedings in any other jurisdictions, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
- The address of NTC is 15-16 Saint Joseph’s Parade, Upper Dorset Street, Dublin 7, telephone number +353 (0) 1 882 7777.
13. Data Protection
NTC may use and process personal data or information regarding you whilst you are a student of NTC and after you have left NTC. By accepting a place on the Programme and enrolling you are consenting to NTC processing data you give, including sensitive personal data, for the purposes and in the manner set out in this Condition. Sensitive personal data includes information held by NTC as to your physical or mental health, sexual life, racial/ethnic origin, the commission or alleged commission of any offence by you and any proceedings for an offence committed or alleged to have been committed by you (including the outcome or sentence in such proceedings). The purposes for which NTC may process your personal data (including sensitive personal data) include:
- administration of your enrollment on and participation on the Programme, including the administration of examinations, the issue of results and certificates in connection with the Programme and (where applicable) the provision to your employer or other sponsor of information about your attendance and performance on a Programme
- provision of services, facilities and learning support to you and the protection of your health, safety and welfare whilst at NTC (which may involve NTC disclosing your personal data to health service providers, staff and other third parties)
- implementation of the Regulations; the issue and operation of NTC’s Student Swipe Cards; collection of fees; equal opportunities monitoring; alumni activities; provision of references about you; and for safety purposes (for example use of CCTV and video monitoring in areas of NTC whereby such use is made apparent)
- In line with the practice of many educational institutions, NTC may make results of examinations available by means of notices displayed in and around the NTC’s premises or sent to student cohorts by electronic means, which identify the student only by number. If you would prefer that your examination results were not made available in this way, you should notify NTC in writing
- In some circumstances, NTC uses data in the form of photographs of classroom situations, including students in a classroom setting, as part of general marketing materials, for example in NTC’s prospectus or course materials. Personal data alongside photographs will only be used with explicit consent. Please note that you are not entitled to record any educational activities yourself
- For students who are from outside the European Union and have leave to remain in Ireland under any form of visa NTC may use personal data to verify your immigration status
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in NTC’s web pages and in the associated pages. The information presented within this website is accurate at the time of publication. Whilst every effort is made to provide accurate, up-to-date information, neither NTC or our Web Team can be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions reserves the right to make changes to the information given. Applicants will receive additional, current information during the admissions process and on joining NTC.
© National Training Centre. The NTC website, and all the related material, whether text, images, sound or other media must not be republished without the express permission of the National Training Centre. Permission is hereby granted for such material to be viewed, stored, or output as ‘hard copy’, for individual, non-commercial use only. If you wish to use any elements of the National Training Centre website, please seek permission from the Web Team.
Corporate Social Responsibility
In line with its mission and values, the National Training Centre is sensitive to the impact of our activities on our students, employees, partners and other stakeholders, as well as on the regional community and on the environment. The National Training Centre proactively promotes:
- the maintenance of principled standards
- respect and accountability across all of its activities
- commitment to equality and diversity
- treating employees with fairness and respect, including wide support of personnel and staff development activities
- the development of practices, activities and support systems that are environmentally sustainable
- fair trade
- interacting effectively and positively with our regional and wider community